Posted : 1 year ago
VGL COMPANY OVERVIEW:
Listed in 1996-97 on Indian stock exchanges, Vaibhav Global Ltd (VGL) is an end-to-end electronic deep discount electronic retailer of fashion jewellery, gemstones and lifestyle products in US, UK, Germany & Canada.
Today’s customers seek convenient shopping experience. We are available to the customers via our proprietary 24X7 TV Shopping channels (Shop LC in US & Germany and Shop TJC in UK) and other digital medium which includes website, mobile apps, Over-The-Top platforms (OTT’s), social media and third-party marketplaces. Thus, today VGL reaches out to almost 124 million households across US, UK & Germany. As digitisation increases, online retail is expected to grow and mature, our portfolio & omni-channel strategy will accordingly evolve alongside. VGL has a group turnover of approx. Rs. 2,750 Crore (FY 2021- 2022) and employs over 4000 people globally. VGL has its head office as well as its main manufacturing facility in Jaipur, India, which employs approx. 3000 people, including contract workers.
We have consistently believed that value creation and sustainable business practices are complimentary goals. Renewable energy is a key focus area in VGL’s strategy for mitigating climate change risks. We’re committed to conducting business with minimum impact on the environment. We have undertaken and continue to undertake several ‘Green initiative’ measures to protect the environment. Our SEZ unit at India was conferred with ‘Excellence Award’ for ‘IGBC Performance Challenge 2021 for Green Built Environment’ which reflects our strong commitment and dedication towards environment sustainability. For more details, please refer to our ESG report (https://www.vaibhavglobal.com/reports).
Under our flagship one-for-one meals initiative ‘Your Purchase Feeds...’, we served 13 million meals to school children in India, US and UK. With this, we have served 63 million meals till date. We encourage our team members to donate at least two hours every month for charitable causes that is tracked through our performance system.
VGL is a Great Place to Work (GPTW) certified organization.
A subsidiary of VGL, Shop LC was established in Austin, TX in 2007 and is now broadcasting live to 75-million homes in US. Our growing eCom presence is through our website https://www.shoplc.com/. Shop LC ships approx. 25,000 products to its US customers every day. Shop LC, US employs approx. 550 people in operations such as warehousing, customer service, merchandising, marketing, eCom, Marketplaces, Live Studio. Its management resides at the US headquarters in Austin, with extended support from the Global Headquarters in India. United States in our largest market and delivers the highest revenue share. The contribution of this region to our consolidated revenue stands at 68%.
A subsidiary of VGL, TJC was established in London, UK in 2006 and now broadcasts live to 25 million homes in UK as well as has an eCom presence through website https://www.tjc.co.uk/ . TJC ships approx. 12000 products to its UK customers every day. TJC employs approx. 220 people in London in various divisions with extended teams in India.
SHOPLC GERMANY OVERVIEW:
ShopLC Germany TV & eCom was launched in 2021 from Dusseldorf, Germany. We are very excited with this new market and see tremendous growth potential in Germany and entire Europe. Our coverage has already reached 27 million households and is expanding. Our eCom side of business can be checked out through our website https://www.shoplc.de/ .
Be the Value Leader in Electronic Retailing of Jewelry and Lifestyle Products.
To deliver one million meals per day to children in need by 'FY31' through our one for one meal program: your purchase feeds...
Our Core Values:
Role Intro: We are looking for an experienced and result-driven Sr. Solution Architect to join our dedicated Corporate-IT team.
The solutions architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading or supporting enterprise architecture activities for creating deliverables that guide the developing direction for managing a portfolio of solutions in response to disruptive forces, and driving achieving targeted business outcomes. Solutions include systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services. Solutions architects provide the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to developing an enterprise's solutions architecture. This individual creates deliverables that help develop a direction for managing the organization's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions — including systems (meaning not just applications, but also processes and information), shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components to better match targeted business outcome objectives. Solutions architecture is sometimes used interchangeably with applications and infrastructure architecture. However, both of the aforementioned typically fall under the purview of the solutions architect. Application architecture is a subset of solutions architecture. It's the discipline that guides application design and defines application architecture paradigms, such as service-oriented architecture (SOA), principles that influence design decisions and patterns that provide proven design solutions. Solutions architects leverage and use technology solutions to enable the organization's future-state business capabilities that, in turn, drive the organization's targeted outcomes. They facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes.
Scope of Activities:
• Understand business drivers and capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
• Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and requirements.
• Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with application developers that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
• Provide consulting support to application architects/developers within projects to ensure the project is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
• Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through the ageing of the technologies used by the application or misalignment with business requirements.
• Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
• Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
• Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
• Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
• Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future state architecture ision.
• Design and direct the governance activities to ensure solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
• Develop a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from the current to the future state.
• Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
• Consult with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
• Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
• Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
• Work closely with the program and project managers to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.Credentials and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
• Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
• Good understanding of strategic new and emerging technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
• Understanding of agile methods and processes and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
• Strong experience in OOPS, design patterns and 1-2 Front-end technologies (.NET, SFCC, SFMC, mobile apps, JS), API Gateways, & backend technologies (MS SQL/MySQL/Mongo DB)
• Responsible for refactoring existing solutions while embracing a cloud-first strategy, leveraging the full stack across SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS offerings
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent analytical and technical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
• Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
• Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment.
• Organizationally savvy, with a good understanding of the enterprise's political climate and how to navigate, influence and persuade political waters
• Ability to communicate, influence and persuade peers
• Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
• Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements
• Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
• Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
• Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
• Proven ability to work well with others.
• Technology neutral: remains unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice, and is more interested in results than personal preferences.
• Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity.
• Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes.
• The Great responsibility.
• A fun-life balance.
• Culture of openness and flexibility allows employees to keep growing and gravitating to roles that fit their talents and passions.” • Attractive financial package for top talent.
Reporting: The Sr. Solution Architect reports directly to Vice President of Global IT in VGL.
Work Location: India